Thursday, July 2, 2009

Deloitted!

Today's the fourth day of my life as a 'professional', and I guess I can say that I'm delighted to be in Deloitte! During my last year in college, I heard a lot of 'this is not how you can be at your workplace' or 'you dunno how hard it is to survive in the corporate world'. But just seeing the environment around here, it makes you feel that this is where you wanna belong!

I've interacted with a no. of seniors over here, and one particular person told me that she came here thinking that she'll work for about a year and then probably look for something 'closer to home' (kinda what I have in mind as well ;) ). But now she's been here for almost four years! The place kinda grows onto you :)

Right from the time I moved into the guest house, people have been extremely friendly. If this was the case at home, then I might've thought probably the person needed something from me. But here we need each other to survive! For me it's been particularly hard to find a roommate, someone whose wavelength of thinking matches mine. But I'm still positive and hoping I'll find a good one soon and move into a nice, new 'home' :)

Everything said and done, there's nothing that can beat the feeling of being 'home'! It's the place you're so used to that the thought of leaving it initially scares you! Only once you come out into the real world that you get to learn so many things that you wouldn't have even thought of otherwise.

Ultimately, you learn to SURVIVE :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and welcome to the world of IT professionals PJ. I’m sure you’ll enjoy every bit of it and with the kind of attitude and talent you have, I’m sure you’ll make it big

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Azaan

    that's what I'm hoping for :) thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete